Monday, July 16, 2012

A Family of Three




Please forgive the quality of the pictures. I brought the wrong battery charger and my good camera is now out of juice. I'm using my Sony Bloggie now.

Sissy is wonderful! She is super skinny, like she's about to be blown away by a breeze. She seems healthy, though. Her fingers are long and beautiful, her hair thick and shiny, her lips full and rival Angelina Jolie. As pretty as she is now, I can see the raving beauty she will become.

When she saw me enter the Civil Affairs Office, she did not wait, but came right to me, into my arms. A moment later, the official came out and my guide said we must wait and do it again, but it became immediatly clear that my new daughter was not going to let me go. She grabbed her backpack and was ready to leave with me right then and there! She looked beautiful in her Chinese dress. She has come to me with two large backpacks stuffed with belongings, gifts, etc...

Her love language is touch, which I'd already guess by the pictures I've seen. She loves holding my hand, wants me to fix her hair, wanted me to help her in the shower and even asked for help washing her back. She is thrilled with her clothes and is super excited that some outfits match with Jie Jie's. She has been kind to let Jie Jie kiss and hug her over and over. She is actively participating in the adoption process, wanting to see the documents, etc... She did see the money and gasped, but I was gasping inside too, at the large amount of RMB that the dollars exchange into. It's over an inch thick. Luckily, she quickly lost interest in it, but between that and this posh hotel, I wonder if she thinks her mama is wealthy monetarily.

I was given great info about her personality when things don't go her way. She has a tiny temper in that she'll hold it in, go quiet, then afterward, when things are explained, will let forth her feelings on the matter. This will be useful to know in the future.

Sissy speaks Mandarin only.

This little girl's heart is wide open, inviting, no, PULLING me in as rapidly as possible. She is so ready for a mother's love and a family, yet I don't see desperation. She, too, has been greatly loved by the staff of her SWI and they truly seem to know her in many personal ways that indicate great care. She says, "Mama" when she feels me near in her sleep, like when I pull the covers over her. I have been most blessed once again to be able to call this precious girl my daughter.

8 comments:

Renate said...

She is beautyful! Thin, but will fill out now.

so glad you are able to post.

Anonymous said...

Your girls are beautiful. God bless you and your family! I posted Jeremiah 29:11 on 12/13/10 on your blog. Thank you for sharing your journey.

Catherine said...

What beautiful family pictures! The 3 of you together look wonderful!

Congratulations. Praying for you as you adjust to becoming a family of 3.

kimjax said...

She's beautiful and sounds wonderful! So happy for you all!

Lisa~~ said...

Congratulations, you are a beautiful family of 3.

Tiffany, Eliza and Solomon said...

Stunning! All 3 of you!!! 1 million congrats! I friend of mine told me you had your daughter and I had to run home and see! I am so so so so so! Happy for you!

foreverfamily said...

it's been so wonderful to follow your journey.

Joannah said...

Congratulations on your new addition! Sissy is a beautiful girl, and you all look happy together. What an amazing journey!