Monday, July 16, 2012

It's Official!


The Chinese side of the adoption is complete. Tomorrow we will get passport photos and apply for Sissy's passport and do the medical exam and vaccinations.

I am learning to divide myself now and it's quite a balancing act. What makes this possible to do alone is Jie Jie's even temperment and security, but she is beginning to "mother" her sister, and boss her, too, just a little. Jie Jie needs to go swimming. She's a physically active little girl and the long plane ride and stretches in her stroller and now to be feeling so much better have her ready for action.

Sissy isn't that fond of swimming, she said, but we are going to try in anyway. She can't swim, but I knew that already. She also needs new shoes. The ones I brought don't fit quite right and the ones she came in are hurting her feet as they are rather fancy sandals.

She came to me with two backpacks that we need to go through. I want to video the experience.

We've met another family from the Bay Area who adopted a 9 year old and we've been hanging out. She also has a 12 year old from China back home and her friend has two teens. We'll keep in touch once home.

I've got to go as I've got a needy 13 year old giving me the sweetest, "Mama," that you ever heard.

4 comments:

Gille said...

Yay! I'm so glad to be following your journey with your family. I'm so thrilled and can't wait to hear more!

kim647 said...

So glad to see you have made the trip and that the girls and you are great. Love the posts and photos. Enjoy your time.

Princess D said...

Glad things are moving along for your family, and taping the opening of the suitcase openings sounds like a great idea!

Chuck and Barbara said...

FirmerioWe are so glad things are going well. I miss not being there with you. Keep up the juggling act. We are praying for all of you. B & C