Friday, July 13, 2012

We've Arrived In China!


We had a great flight! It was very relaxing and seemed to go very fast. Jie Jie is feeling so much better, almost normal! She is a GREAT traveller!!!

We landed in Hong Kong at 6:10pm and went through Customs then made our connection to Guangzhou. It was effortless. My luggage system was great and the stroller is AWESOME! I am soooo glad I got it.

We are staying at hotel right at the Baiyun Airport called the Pullman. I saw it from from the air as we landed and wished I'd booked there. Come to find out, my guide did book there and I'm super thankful. I know my agency's checking my blog, so please relay that thanks to Chris and/or Michael for thinking of it!

Tomorrow morning, we are off to Nanchang, Jiangxi where Jie Jie was from and where I adopted her. We will then visit her SWI for the day, spend the night, and fly back to Guangzhou on Sunday. Monday is our Family Day, when I finally meet Sissy and she finally gets to have a family. She's been on my mind so much. You can't believe what she did. She emailed me to find out when I was coming then called the person in charge of taking the children to meet their parents. She emailed back saying I didn't have an appointment yet and to call this person to arrange it and even gave me the phone number! All I could think was, "This is DEFINITELY my daughter, charging full-speed ahead and checking that all the important arrangements have been made."

When we come back to Guangzhou, we'll be staying at the Garden. If any families want to get together, just comment on my blog or email me!

12 comments:

jennebeker said...

So happy to hear you made it. Been thinking about you and your family, and adding my prayers up for you.

Anonymous said...

So glad everything worked out! Can't wait to see pictures of your trip!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. You have been on my mind so much since I read that you had missed your flight. I'm happy Jie Jie is feeling better and that things are looking up. Sissy is amazng. I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of your venture. Soooo happy things are going well now. lcn

Chrissy said...

SIGH of relief to know you are there safely! Still praying for you so that Jie Jie does well with seeing her orphanage and that all goes well with Sissy.

John G. said...

We are so happy you made it.
We met our daughter in Nanchang, Jiangxi. She was from Yugan.

Blessings for safe travels.
Caroline & Hannah Grace

Jeanne said...

So glad you have arrived safely and looking forward to sharing all your adventures. You and your daughters are in my thoughts and my prayers.

Mama Jama said...

So glad you made it! Was telling my husband all about your 'adventures' and he too sends prayers and best wishes for Sissy to have an open heart and to fit with you and Jie Jie beautifully!
Barbara

kimjax said...

Just checked in and can't believe your excitement over the last few days. I'll be praying for you daily! Please tell Michael hello, and praying for a happy Gotcha Day!

Renate said...

So happy for a safe trip!

Donna said...

Glad you made it safe and sound. Eat at our restaurant for me :)

Princess D said...

So glad you made it safe, and fast ;) Glad the stroller is working so well for you.
Hope all went well with Jie Jie's orphanage visit.
Well it should be around 8:40 am Monday for you, and today you finally get to be with Sissy! Love that she was checking to make sure you have it all set up to get here :)
Prayers for you all today, and every day!!!

Vicki said...

Yeah! You made it! We are praying here!
Vicki
http://www.pomafamily.blogspot.com