Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Now She's Trying!



This morning I got a nice surprise. Blossom asked me to do her hair! It was the first time she's asked for something personal for her. This is the first step in the start of our relationship. As my grandmother once said, "It's not to a relationship if only one person is trying." The other nice surprise was that she willingly posed for this picture with her sisters after I'd done all of their hair, and she made an effort at a smile.

She stayed interested in what I was doing all day. She even cracked some eggs. But, with most things at first, she's gone too far the other way, and is too helpful. I don't want her to think that this is how our relationship is.

The other surprises of the day have all been good. First, she is clearly intelligent. She wanted Sissy to ask me why they didn't pray or go to church in China. Second, she can read better than Sissy. Blossom even reads the traditional characters, which Sissy can't do at all. And, she loves to read. We went to the library and she was so excited and happy. She pulled a book off the shelf and started to read it immediately. Remember how Sissy couldn't even begin to find one book at the library when I took her last month? I love the differences and similarities of each of my daughters' personalities. Tonight at dinner was the first time I caught a glimpse of how well my little, well, okay, not so little any more, will fit together in the future.

2 comments:

gail said...

Beautiful children!!!

You are an awesome mom and doing such a wonderful job raising your 3girls. God has blessed you with the knowledge and wisdom to teach these girls all the things they will need to become young women pleasing to God.

Thank you so much for sharing your family with us. It blesses me more than you wil know.

Anonymous said...

This is so exciting to read, K. I cheer you and Blossom on!