Tuesday, October 16, 2012

3 Tubes of Toothpaste and a Toilet


Tomorrow the plumber is coming over to fish out three nearly full tubes of toothpaste and heavens-knows-what-else from my toilet because Blossom thinks that flushing things makes them permanently disappear. I can't wait to see her face when I make her watch the plumber pull these items out. He's already asked how old she is and, apparently, does something that helps teach kids not to flush things down the toilet. Needless to say, she's going to be doing a lot of raking and sweeping to pay this one off.

To save us all a little embarassment, I gloved up and fished a BM out that one of my daughter's deposited before we realized the toothpaste didn't go all the way down. I got a lot of cheering for that one and we had a good laugh!

I am weary of Blossoms antics, that's for sure, but knowing she's testing me and my love for her gives me strength to deal with it all. I wish I knew just how far she's going to take this, though, before it's proof enough for her that I'm keeping her and loving her forever.

What a way to have started the day! I wonder if the granola bar wrappers and ear plugs will come back up too...

4 comments:

Joannah said...

Perhaps someday these stories/memories will be something you can laugh about together. I hope the plumbing bill isn't too bad!

Anonymous said...

I understand and empathize with your "weariness". Adding to the frustration of course, is that you know she knows better.

Treating her like a 2 year old may help. Like not allowing her to use the bathroom with the door closed and/or without you standing there. Privacy is a privilege. That's what we did. I would clear the counter of items or if I couldn't do that because we were in the hotel, I would stand in the doorway and wait for her to finish.

Hang in there,K. I don't even want to know how you figured out that the toothpaste was flushed down the toilet. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you. I admire you for your continued stamina, you are a good mother and an example for me!

Anonymous said...

Our family affectionately refer to those days as "The DD & Mama Show".
Life is just a giant science project and our children were not stimulated for so long. Now, we can actually look back and laugh at some of DD's antics, believe it or not! I figured, she must have been so incredulous over so many new things so why shouldn't she be able to do some of her more creative antics? Luckily the dog survived several of those experiments. = )

Keep her close, no closed doors, and when it's silent you have to just know something is going on! I learned the hard way by enjoying those quiet moments and later discovering some very interesting finds.