Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Chocolate Tomorrow


Blossom worked very hard to behave well ALL DAY so she could earn back the privilege of a chocolate granola bar afternoon snack. She kept telling me all day how well she was doing. Then she'd asked, "Chocolate tomorrow?" She was particularly proud of herself for avoiding a specific behavior that we've all been helping her stop doing and she was successful today. As I learn more about her SWI, I am learning that her early life may well have been quite horrifying. Over the next few years, I'm sure her history will emerge, piece by painful piece.

Meanwhile, I'm still counting kisses. She gave me another one last night at bedtime. That makes four now! I do so love this phase of falling in love, me with her and she with me and the rest of the family. Tonight at dinner, we really seemed another step closer as a family, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope she earns that chocolate granola bar! Go Blossom, go!