Sunday, October 14, 2012

Rough Few Days


I feel like I'm in China all over again, but with Blossom this time. She's been going through a new phase. She is still making progress in a lot of areas, but she truly doesn't understand what a mother is or what a mother does and why she needs one. Right when I think she's starting to get it, I can see that I'm back at square one. I keep telling myself that we're only at the one month mark and that helps. I've also found out that her SWI has some really terrible things going on.

Fortunately, I know that this, too, will pass. I just wish I could hit fast forward and get to that point. Today, Blossom figured out that I was helping her by buying her a pair of scissors for her left hand because she's left handed. I said, "Yes, I am helping you." She asked why. I said I was her mom and that I love her. She then pointed out that I do the same with my other two daughters. I again said yes, that all three are my daughters.

Please pray that she gets it soon. She needs peace and a feeling of belonging so desperately!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember my daughter at 7 or 8 years old, only home 3 yrs or so saying to me: "I'm just a little girl learning to belong in a family" Her statement has stuck with me all these years. She had to find the balance between learning, knowing and believing in her heart that she belonged in this family.

They are learning so much it is easy to forget that they should know some of the family basics.
I am in awe of your patience and intuitive parenting. Consistency is key.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, K. It really is two steps forward, one step back.

I wish she could understand that she has so much to gain by letting you mother her and letting fear fall to the wayside.

I'm praying for you and her. Everyday.

Chrissy said...

With your constant love, patience, and God's help she will figure it out. Hang in there honey!