Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!!


I hope your Thanksgiving Day was a happy celebration of a bountiful year. I am certainly thankful for each of my daughters!


Our day began after a bit of a sleep-in. I had a special treat first thing in the morning. I said, "Good morning, Blossom," which is Blossom's cue that she may get out of her bed. She climbed down from her loft bed, which is above my bed, with her pillow in hand, which means she's coming into my bed for a snuggle. I kissed her forehead and she kissed me back at the same time! I think that's kiss #5. She's making great eye contact now, I hardly ever have to remind her, and she began talking about what she thought about during the night. For the very first time, she thought accurately! She said that when she does naughty things, mama gets angry and we are all unhappy. She said if she obeys mama, we are all happy, including her. This is a MAJOR breakthrough! It's the first time she's accurately demonstrated an understanding of cause and effect and the results of her behavior on others and the fact that she has choices that can make things better or worse.

I served oatmeal and pumpkin pie for a late breakfast and then the cooking began. The turkey was first and went into the oven at 2pm (cooked in a bag), then the other dishes were prepared and all put into my second oven at 4pm. Butternut squash and carrots were in the pressure cooker at 4:20pm and everything was finished at the same time at 4:45pm!!! It was the first time I made such a grand meal and everything was finished at the same time and was, therefore, all hot when it went on the table.

All the girls helped eagerly, but the best helper of all was Sissy. I'm a pretty clean cook, use as few pots, pans and utensils as I can, but she cleaned up after me and Blossom dried, so when the cooking was done, the kitchen was clean! How fantastic is that?

After eating, we took a walk to watch the skaters at the outdoor holiday ice rink a few blocks down from our house, then came home and ate more pumpkin pie.






5 comments:

Lisa~~ said...

Sweet and I love all the smiles, happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for breakthroughs! I pray they come faster and regularly.

We are so thankful for you, K. Without you, Blossom would still be still so broken. We pray for you, her, and your other girls daily.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Nicole said...

The photos of your Thanksgiving (and that meal!!) are beautiful!
Nicole
www.ourjourneytoaaron.blogspot.com

shelley said...

What a wonderful Thanksgiving, thanks so much for sharing your day with us.

Cheryl said...

Oh my goodness Kim!!!! My computer crashed last March and I lost everything on it, including your blog on my favorites. Anyhow, I finally remembered your blog site, I have thought of you often over the last year. I found your site last night and spent about seven hours of reading posts I am finally caught up! I didn't want to miss anything and I couldn't wait to see how you got to your Thanksgiving pictures. Wow!!!!! I'm exhausted just reading it. God has prepared you your whole life for this and it is so sweet to see. I love the truth in your blog. You are doing His work and He will continue to provide with all you need. Simply beautiful! Please email me at clarks012000@hotmail.com so I can chat with you :)
Cheryl