Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Day Before: Pre-Birthday


Sissy now has her ears pierced and the little CZ studs taht she chose match mine, something she really wanted. She looks so pretty with them. I'm sure this gave her self-esteem a good boost. When she first came home, she asked about my pierced ears and didn't want it done, but suddenly, about a month ago, changed her mind. I never brought it up and didn't have any preconceived ideas or rules other than you must be older enough to take care of your ears when it's done.

It was a great experience for us as mother and daughter. I took her to our local Claire's, which is the franchise where mine were pierced when I was 14. Sissy liked that we had this in common. Her sisters comforted her when she felt nervous and I held her hand, as promised, but she was brave and did great!







2 comments:

Catherine said...

Beautiful!

bridget said...

So cute! She has quite a sense of humor :)