Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy Birthday & Happy New Year


I'm 44 today. I think I've been 44 for three years because I lost track of how old I was, but this year I'm really 44, I did the math. I remember last year thinking I was 44 and my aunty reminded me that I was only 43. Now that I've had a week off work, I can truly say I don't feel 44 any more. I regained some youthful energy!

It was a low-key day, much to my daughters' surprise. But I did put some candles on a loaf of pumpkin bread that a friend made for me and they girls did sing. Friends called and sang Happy Birthday to me. It was just perfect, in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to 2013. It's going to be another big year, but I feel centered and ready. This last week was the maternity leave my family needed and we never got. We are definitely on the right track for now.

Right now, my girls are sleeping in the living room under the Christmas tree. I remember doing that as a child, starring at the magical lights until my eyes closed in peaceful sleep.

Happy New Year!

6 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Birthday and best wishes for a wonderful 2013!

Karen said...

Happy Birthday! And a Happy New Year too!

Almond Tea said...

Happy New Year and Happy Birthday, K! I hope 2013 brings you joy, happiness and an "apple"

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday K! Birthdays are fun to celebrate because we are celebrating your life and growth. You have grown so much over the last year. The Lord has stretched you in ways you never thought possible. You have born your load with grace and beauty. May the Lord help you in the New Year. The challenges that lie ahead are immense. The joy you feel when apple is home will make all of this worth it. Thinking of you as you find your path with your blossoming family. Hoping everything worked out with that daycare family. It would be a shame to lose a family when you are just trying to make yours work. Much love and Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I hope this year will bring you lots of happiness and blessings with your daughters. Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family too.

Eliza2006 said...

Happy birthday!