Saturday, January 19, 2013

Apple is a Go!


After 6 years of waiting, I can finally take another step in Apple's adoption! Last Tuesday, the social worker came over to do the two older girls 6 months post-placement visits and to access where we are as a family. You see, I'm a single women who had brought home three children in 17 months and they were, understandably, cautious about me taking on too much at once. Well, here is what my agency had to say after speaking with the social worker after her visit here:

The social worker, "...was thoroughly impressed with your family and ... is unreservedly in support of the next adoption!"

Sissy is doing great! She had a huge break-through. She was able to explain why she did what she did. It had nothing to do with her sisters and everything to do with she and I way back in China. I offended her so greatly by being the very first adult in her life to make her comply (go here and there, have her hair combed neatly, wear certain clothes, etc...) that she took revenge on me since she didn't have the language or ability to communicate her feelings any other way. She is making great leaps in attachment now. Even calling saying, "My mommy," now, which is claiming me - finally - as her mom.

So, the next step is to send my new dossier, which is ready to go, along with a letter from my agency making sure that China will uphold their end of the bargain. Remember, they used Apple's dossier for Jie Jie, by mistake, and lost Jie Jie's, so I'm in a gray area right now. I'm hoping it all works out because the new list of waiting children comes out next week.

8 comments:

Sandra Bishop said...

Congratulations on all the progress. How exciting for everyone!

Almond Tea said...

Congratulations K! I can't think of a better woman who deserves an "Apple."

Chrissy said...

Great news about Apple AND Sissy. I am so happy for you and all your girls!

Joannah said...

Very exciting! :)

Catherine said...

Great news all around!

Lisa~~ said...

Wonderful news, congrats.

Charlotte said...

How old she is?

laurajonesjournal said...

very exciting, congratulations. How are you all doing? missing your posts.