Saturday, January 12, 2013

Mom's Night Out


I went out last night: ice skating and to a movie. I put the girls in bed first, but let them know that their babysitter was coming ahead of time and they were still awake when she arrived. They were good and stayed in bed. They had incentive - special breakfast.

I got to the little outdoor holiday rink and promptly used my first aid to help a 12 year-old who had fallen and broken her leg, just above the ankle. I got a free pass to skate again for helping.

I even got to flirt a little, quite harmlessly, with a single dad who was there with his three girls and their two friends. He was good looking, fun, and seemed like a good dad, so we talked a little and caught each other "looking" a few times. It was fun and not something I've done in a long time.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Good for you!

Anonymous said...

His, hers and Apple for two!

kimjax said...

You're awesome! Glad you got a night out, friend.

Almond Tea said...

I hope you had a great night! I'm glad you got a chance to go out and let the well refill.