Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Mother's Introspection

Monday, June 17, 2013



As I gaze outside the window this morning, I'm reminded of a similar morning 27 months ago, as I watched the sun rise over Nanchang, Jiangxi on the morning of the most amazing day of my life - the day I became a mother. Now, on the morning of the day when I will receive my fourth child, I look at the sleeping faces of my three daughters and wonder how our lives will be changed with the addition of Apple and I vow to be the best mother I can be, no matter what, a mother's promise that there will be enough love and patience for all. I think of the up coming surgeries Apple will endure and know how hard it will be to hand her over to the doctors and nurses and turn and walk away to the "waiting room" where I'll sit in utter faith that God will hold my baby in His hands when I cannot. I'm thinking of 6 years and 2 months of preparation from the time my first dossier was logged in, leading to this very moment. Four years ago, I did some math and my prediction was that it would take exactly this long to get to Apple. What I wasn't able to predict at that time, were the all miracles that happened along the way.

In a city south of where I now sit, a baby girl is sleeping, about to wake up and have her life turned up-side-down. She is about to be taken from all that is familiar and safe to her. Please pray for my little Apple, that she will not be so scared, that she will feel the love her mother and new family has for her, that she will know that she is safe and that we will take very good care of her.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for little Apple and that she will feel the joy of having a loving mama and family to love her forever. I can imagine your excitement of meeting Apple soon. Blessings!

Penny said...

Karen, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers today!

kimjax said...

Praying for you all. Have a wonderful Gotcha' Day! :)

Carrie said...

Praying for your every need!

Sarah said...

Praying for you my friend and all your sweet girls. Can't wait to see her finally in your arms.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the pictures.
Sara, also a mom to 4 from China

Anonymous said...

So looking forward to ur most special amazing day! Words cannot describe my excitement for you and the girls! Feeling sad for apple at the same time ...

Julie said...

Can't wait to finally see your whole family together!

Christine Hughes said...

xoxo

Mama Jama said...

Can't wait to see pics!!