Friday, July 19, 2013

Big Reveal


In case you are wondering why I can't get to blogging, it's because we moved three days after returning from China. Yes, we out-grew my house, but had to stay there long enough to bring the baby home under the I-600A paperwork. To say it was hectic is an understatement, but I'm surviving, though living in a sea of boxes still.

Can you imagine looking for the perfect house, buying and selling, packing to move, packing for China, then returning to load up one last truck and trek down the state three hours in the car with a new baby and three big girls, all while super-cleaning and unpacking, preparing for new carpet and paint and having every single faucet replaced, buying new appliances and more?

I knew it before, but this just emphasized it: I AM SUPER-MOMMY!

The joy of the new home is our very own swimming pool, which wasn't ready for us after 6 weeks of the pool guy taking care of it in 110 degree heat, so I fired him and, five days later, the pool was ready for us to use with me taking care of it under the guidance of the local pool supply store.

Here is a glimpse of the home (realtor pictures)...


Front hall looking toward the front door.


Same hall looking toward the bedroom wing.




16 comments:

Carrie said...

The house is beautiful! Congrats!

Sterner Stitches said...

What in amazingly beautiful new home! I hope you are all settling in. I can't imagine how hectic this has been for you! Will you continue to do in home daycare?

Best wishes for many happy years for your family in your new home.
-Jen-

Joy said...

Wow! What a great house. I am so happy for you. Can't wait to see some more pics of your family!

Julie said...

Super mommy indeed! The house looks great. Can't wait to see more.

Anonymous said...

Very impressive. Care to share how you financially managed four adoptions and a move to a new house. As a single myself, I would love to adopt again but . . . . Really impressive on all fronts! Congratulations!

Joannah said...

Wonderful news! Your new home is so nice and spacious. :)

doreen said...

Wow! What a surprise! Congratulations all around! Will you still have a day care business? Aaannnd . . . photos of the girls please!! :O)

Vicki said...

You did it! You are Super Mommy. Your new house is amazing! Did the cats survive the move? I can't wait to see more pictures of the new baby.
Vicki

Just the 6 of us! said...

Thrilled for you and your girls! Just wondering if you still have the same day care kids? That would be hard for them to see you go. :( Best Wishes!!

kimjax said...

Looks heavenly! The girls must be so excited!!!

Sherri said...

Oh.My.Goodness,Kimi!What a beautiful, amazing gift from God! I'm so happy for you. Your girls aren't going to know what to do with all that space.:) I'm so happy for you...and there are no words to express the beauty of your giving a home and family to four precious orphans. Blessings!

Karen said...

Your home is beautiful! Congratulations on Apple's homecoming and the new house.

Princess D said...

WOW! That's an incredible amount. . .of everything :)
Everyone else pretty much said what I was thinking, so I'll leave this short :)

She Who Waits... said...

I have enjoyed your blog for a while now. Adopting never quite worked out for me but I live vicariously! If the Lord see's fit He will work it out. And I LOVE your new home ... the hallway with it's view on the world is gorgeous ... and a pool ... and a gigantic kitchen!

Congrats to an amazing mom!

Anonymous said...

What a great new space for you and your family. When my daughter came home, spent many hours in the pool with her. Skin to skin contact - great for bonding and building trust.

Susan and Kate
Florida

Joanne Henry said...

Firing someone is never a good feeling. But if you knew that he wasn't doing the job right, then there's no avoiding it. And if you didn't fire him, you probably wouldn't have gotten such amazing results in such a short time. Anyhow, 2013 was definitely a busy year for all of you. I hope this year will be less demanding, so you can all relax and have a wonderful time with your new house.

Joanne Henry @ Tranquility Pools