Sunday, November 10, 2013

I Turned the Screws By Myself


It's hard to do, because it hurts my baby, but it must be done and Apple and I have to learn to do it ourselves. I thought she'd sleep through it with her meds on board, but she gives me the evil eye now and the little calf cry when I go to "the treatment area." I'm one of THEM now, a nurse or doctor, anyone who is going to do something to her. It doesn't matter if it hurts or not, she's had it with being messed with. She's just a simple baby with simple needs and this has been a lot for her to deal with.

I did better at it than yesterday, emotionally, but just barely. She did worse because she's anticipating it now. I don't think the pain level was any different, just the level of anticipation.

We had a rather rough first have of the night last night. She was fussy and restless and Jie Jie got up with a nightmare and a fever - nothing serious, thankfully.

We burrowed in for the day. No comings or goings, no visitors, and I pottered around like a regular mama, not a contractor, for once, cooking, straightening, soothing children. It's been a good day.

No comments: