Sunday, November 24, 2013

My Little Sunflower



Apple is cheerful this morning, as long as I don't lay her on her treatment/changing table! She still looks a little tired and her skin is started to flake where the rashes and hives were. I think we can add Coban to the list of things she's allergic to or to avoid. She gets big blisters from it and I'm not sure if it's from the material it's made of or that when it's wrapped, it creases her skin and cuts off circulation and fluid flow. It's happened at home with her hand orthotics, too. After it was removed yesterday from her IV site, I could see that her thumb was HUGELY swollen, which I'd mentioned earlier, but, for some reason, the nurses didn't address it. My mistake, I should have insisted, but it seems like such a small thing compared to everything else at the time! However, any open skin in a hospital is super dangerous due to the risk of MRSA and other antibiotic-resistant organisms floating around the place.

I made this little outfit years and years and years ago, long before I had children, long before I even owned my first home.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So so lovely...