Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me


After being up much of the night, my baby napped for 3+ hours, giving me time to work with my new friend from church, who just happens to have majored in accounting. She and I tore through boxes of papers to find all my business stuff so I could catch up on tax-related paperwork. We had no chairs, two computers, and one printer between us. It was hard work, but also fun because we kept making jokes at our own expense. She thought I was organized just because I managed to find everything she asked for. I thought I was disorganized because it looked like a typhoon blew through the room.

I had dinner with my kids, the last of the Christmas turkey, opened the cards they made, and now I'm blogging while listening to fire crackers go off prematurely, as I await midnight.

I do wonder with eager anticipation what 2014 will hold for me.




No comments: