Monday, January 6, 2014

No More Grease Monkey


I'm sure you've noticed in all the November pictures that Apple's hair was very greasy. This was due to the petroleum jelly on the Xeroform that covered her incisions and what the surgeons used to grease the long parts of her hair with to keep them out of the surgical field. I washed and washed her hair, but it didn't make a difference. Once the sites where the handles came off were healed, it was time to figure out how to get Apple's hair really clean. I researched it and found that pure cornstarch did the trick - first try. And it washed out easily. I was so glad to see fluffy soft baby hair again!



3 comments:

Renate said...

She is looking so cute. Really can see the difference in the shape of her head.

Shecki Grtlyblesd said...

LOL! Her hair is so brown. Do you think it will darken up?

K said...

I think it will darken, but not for a few years. I call her my Chinese blondie. It's surprising to me how many people don't realize she's Chinese.