Friday, January 31, 2014

Shin Nian Kuai Le










We had a fun Chinese New Year party! My girls were looking forward to it with more anticipation than Christmas and they had a great time. You'd never know that I had a team of 3 painters in until after 1pm and that my front entry way, part of the living room and entire hall way to the bedrooms was all tarped, masked, and that the entire house had a layer of fine dust from sanding joint compound for three days.

Two families joined us, one with four children adopted from three countries, two from China, one from Vietnam and another from Kazakhstan. The other family that joined us has three bio children, and their mom is from Taiwan. It was great to hear my girls speaking Mandarin again. Their native language is one of their greatest assets and I'm doing all I can to make sure they maintain it.
So, we had rice, chicken, pot stickers, veggies, cookies, candy, oranges and did crafts. The kids made little horses and lanterns from kits. We had lucky money and a dragon and more. I think we'll make throwing a Chinese New Year Party a tradition!

3 comments:

Shecki Grtlyblesd said...

Looks like fun! :)

Catherine said...

What a wonderful party! Kung Hei Fat Choi!

amphvivian said...

That looks like so much fun! Thank you so much for keeping up your blog so I can see how you are doing. I'm glad things seem to have turned a corner and are looking better? Love always, Vivian