Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Let There Be Learning Here


It's finally time to hook my girls up! Thanks to their gong gong, they each have a computer and started learning real keyboarding tonight, which is what typing is called these days. They also do Raz-kids, Ixl, and Brain Pop. These supplement reading/comprehension, math and more...

You might notice the computers have the latest operating system by that Washington-based company that starts with an M and I can truly say it's pretty horrible, but I'm starting to make headway with it. It takes three steps to do one step. I don't recommend it at all!



2 comments:

Catherine said...

Fun but ugh, there is a huge learning curve with 8 and almost a year later I still don't really like it! One tip, I now use the little file folder in the bottom task bar to access things I used to with the start button. Your clever girls will catch on quickly though and probably leave us in their dust! ;o)

Almond Tea said...

K, your frustrations with the operating system are not uncommon. When you are in a "tile" or an app, and you want to get back to the main page, have your girls move their mouse to the bottom left hand corner. It will always appear. Use the "desktop" app and the computer will look like a Windows 7 or Windows XP machine. Before you take back the machines, I recommend you actually upgrade to Windows 8.1 That will have your "start" button in the lower left hand corner.