Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Good Day Today


Ah, the ending of a day that was a good day! My kids are happy and behaved well all day, nothing got broken two days in a row now, the work on the house progressed as scheduled, I went to a fun evening at church, it's raining like crazy, which we desperately need around here, I got several loads of laundry done, the kitchen table cleaned off, lunch and dinner made first thing this morning, and my little cat Henry is recovering.

Our physical therapy/exercise gym/indoor daycare playground room is now usable. For the first time ever, my girls raced to get their exercises (PT) done before breakfast. The reason, they were so excited to use the new room. The best part of the new room is that it's essentially all glass, so I can watch them from the kitchen, my office, the living room, my bedroom and the back yard. They like when I watch them, but it also means they won't cheat and skimp on their PT.

The work on the house included the completion of carpet installation in the daycare areas and vinyl installation in the daycare dining area/art room for my girls. The paint will be touched up this weekend and baseboards installed where the new carpet went it. Light fixtures go in as soon as I buy them and the same carpenter will also cut the bottoms on two of the doors that need to open over the newly carpeted areas.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Can't wait to see photos of the finished rooms. The PT room sounds amazing.

Lynnea said...

Would love pic's and also what types of PT things you have them do on their own.
Sounds like a good day and lots getting accomplished. That has to feel good!! :)

Shecki Grtlyblesd said...

Sounds like so much progress is being made! Glad it's coming together for you. :)

Almond Tea said...

Home renovations are so stressful. It is so nice to have them completed. It is good to hear you are taking time for yourself too.