Monday, March 17, 2014

Our Sunday


This morning I combed what I thought was oatmeal out of the baby's hair. I got to church, sat down and saw that she had pus and blood on her head. I must have combed off a scab. Got her to the restroom and washed her up. She has an abscess over the left distractor. All I can think of is that she must have bumped her head and nicked the skin and it got infected and it didn't show since the distractor tents her skin and will mask any swelling. Her scalp is very, very thin and delicate since being stretched so much over her new skull so every time she bumps her head it breaks the skin. I can't wait until those things are out of her head!

Meanwhile, I'd packed a picnic lunch for us before church and packed our play clothes. After services, we changed in the van and headed to the park and enjoyed a picnic and play time in the hot sun. It was very summer-like today - quite HOT, actually. I remembered that we were at that park a year ago on a slightly hotter day as we house hunted. Hard to believe that much time has passed.

Wish me luck this week. The back end of the house is crawling with painters. They started last Friday and they are moving along quickly. The back end walls and ceilings are so bad I'm super glad that they pros are handling the job. The ceilings in two rooms alone took 5 gallons of paint because they were so porous and so messed up. I'm actually starting to get excited that the rooms will be clean and bright for the first time. I'm looking forward to setting up my daycare and getting work started. One day soon I'll have my normal life back and this house won't be the main focus and energy sucker upper that it's been for so long. Even my girls have been excited to see all the daycare stuff - which is currently all packed into our dining room!

3 comments:

Sherri said...

Good to hear things are happening on the house...the end is in sight now, maybe? Think of you so often, Kimi.

kimjax said...

Poor baby! Praying she gets thru this quickly.

Shecki Grtlyblesd said...

Hope the head heals quickly! Glad to hear the house is finally coming together for you guys. :) It will be nice when you're all settled.