Monday, March 24, 2014

Things Break Every Day Around Here


My girls break something every day - usually do to carelessess. Today is was our brand new timer. It's all of one day old. Jie Jie couldn't resist touching it and turning it. An egg also broke in the refrigerator. Sissy's fault. Blossom almost broke the sliding screen door after I said, "Unlock the door first before you push it." She pushed it and pushed it and I ran in yelling, "What did I just say?" Her reply, "I don't know, I didn't understand you." My reply in an even louder voice, "Then why didn't you say so? How many times have I said to ask when you don't understand me? Do you like it when I yell at you?" Her answer, "Yes."

4 comments:

May said...

Hang in there Mama. You're right where you're supposed to be, doing what you're supposed to be doing!

Anonymous said...

That kind of thing drives me nuts. How do you break an egg?

Bridget Cole said...

One of mine says yes when she *should* say no. I am convinced there is some processing thing there and she's not truly getting that she's giving the wrong answer. It's really hard to keep one's cool!

Anonymous said...

My son has a processing disorder as well. He would do the same thing, except he would say, "no" when he meant yes. It drove me nuts, but with some therapy and time he outgrew it.