Friday, October 3, 2014

I Climbed Half Dome!



I can barely walk today and I truly hobbled the last 4 miles of trail to the car last night, but I climbed Half Dome in Yosemite National Park! It was My Firefighters 4th time.

I didn't have time to train or get into condition and I've never walked more than 8 miles in a day, which was long ago. It was totally a cold turkey hike. But I made it to the top! And back again, which was harder. It was about 17 miles round trip, going up 4000 vertical feet, from start to finish took 15 hours, which is pretty long, but my friend was slow on the sub-dome and going up on the cables and I was slow coming down the cables and super slow the last 3 miles to the car as my left leg was so worn out it didn't work very well any more. Though I'm still hobbling a lot today, I'm sure tomorrow I'll have rigor mortis and be barely moving tomorrow.


The infamous CABLES! They were not as hard as I expected.


My Firefighter coming up with Sub-Dome below.


See the drop-off?
Many people have died falling off here.


2 comments:

gail said...

Awesome accomplishment. The view looks to be so worth it too !!!!

Hope you not too very sore.

Lynnea Hameloth said...

AWESOME!!!!
That looks like some great adult time! ;) Too hard for the kids to climb! lol