Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!


I can't find the charger for my camera battery, otherwise I'd have posted our Christmas day pictures already. When I find it, I'll post about it. We had a wonderful Christmas Day and several wonderful days this month. I'm looking forward to posting the pictures and getting it all down in writing.

Meanwhile, I wish everyone a Happy New Year! Today, well, yesterday Dec. 31, was my birthday. It was a low-key day with sleeping late and making pancakes at lunch time followed by ice skating and dinner out (so I didn't have to cook again). The girls didn't get why I didn't have a cake, but honestly, after four birthdays in 5 weeks, and two major holidays, I would have dumped the batter on my head if I'd had to make another cake already. My Fireman would have made me one and I'd have loved every crumb, but his father recently passed away and the memorial is this weekend and he's organizing it long-distance and leaving town to go there this morning, so I'm glad he didn't burden himself with baking me a cake. He did join us for breakfast and spent most of yesterday with us, though, which we all love! When he left today he said to the girls, "I'll see you next year!" They protested wildly and got rather concerned until I explained to them that next year was tomorrow and turned their worry into laughter.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! So glad you didn't have to make that cake!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday and Happy New Year!!!

Beatrix said...

Happy Birthday!!!
:)
B