Friday, February 13, 2015

Purpose


As I clean my home in the middle of the night, thinking about my life and the lives of my daughters, the word purpose popped into my head, clear as can be. My children lack the feeling of purpose in their lives. Especially Sissy.

What am I hear for? What is the purpose of my life? Questions humanity has asked themselves from the dawn of time.

Intent.

Purpose.

Even small children live with intent. They play intently, imitating the adults around them, creating, exploring, imagining, experimenting, wanting to become just like mom or dad, at first, then they learn that the world is so big and they can choose anything...

But not my children. They didn't know how to play when I adopted them. They didn't move through live with purpose. They waited for things to be done for them, to them, around them. They still live without purpose, without intent.

I know my purpose. I have spiritual beliefs that guide me and give me purpose, and personal beliefs and desires, such as to become a mom, that increase my purpose.

This requires further pondering as I figure out how to help my children acquire a sense of purpose in their lives so they can live with intent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think you are on to something! we have a 13 yr old (home 3 1/2 yrs, adopted at 10). nothing was ever expected of her . . . in "C", she would not have gone to high school . . so her education was brushed off. yes, purpose and intent . . . you are on to something!

enjoy your weekend . .. happy valentine's day!

doreen

Anonymous said...

How about you have a purpose box, that is, daily your daughters pull one piece of paper from the box. The box contains pieces of paper each with something written on it my mom. For example, draw your favorite flower, etc. for s daughter eho is artistically inclined, etc. Mom can direct them as she sees fit with what messages are on the papers. Mom's creativity can come in handy here as to gear them to a purpose without the girls being actually personally directed.