Sunday, June 7, 2015

Three Special Baptisms



Several months ago the girls told me that they wanted to be baptized. Apparently, they'd discussed it among themselves a lot and worked on finding out what they really believed rather than just blindly follow, and I'm very proud of them for that. It was a special day with friends who came from where we used to live and many of our new friends that we've made here. My Firefighter came and even dressed Apple and did her hair while I was scrambling to put the finishing touches on the girls' Chinese dresses that I made. For the actual baptism, they wore pure white, but afterward, for their confirmation, I made them each their own special Chinese dress to honor their heritage and help them feel as beautiful on the outside as they are on the inside. The day was everything I'd hoped it would be for them and one I hope they remember as one of their best for their entire lives.


4 comments:

Lynnea Hameloth said...

Ummm....I'll say it again. He is a keeper! He did Apple's hair better then I could have! ;)
What a special day!
Great job on the dresses btw!

Lisa and Tate said...

Congrats on this special and amazing day. Your girls are getting so big and grown-up!

Shecki Grtlyblesd said...

The dresses turned out lovely! You're more patient than I am; I hate sewing with brocades. : /

Congratulations on your special day! :)

Cassandra said...

So happy that the girls made the decision to acceept Christ! What a blessing!