Monday, August 24, 2015

It Gets Worse...

I sent Blossom to school today, prepared for a new schedule of real academic work. I picked her up this afternoon only to find out that the teacher, who had attended the meeting last Friday with us, never received the new schedule and didn't even care enough to find out why. So, Blossom spent another day dancing and playing games, though she said she did one page of math, too.

I also didn't hear from the bus scheduling department. I just called them and they have her in the system - TWICE. Once with her name together and once with it separated, and each has the right birthday, but two different student I.D. numbers! And... and this is the real kicker.... they don't have her listed as a special ed student. Then they said it takes 30 days to do an IEP. I told them it was done and signed last Friday. She said, Ms. V had to sign it, I said she was there and did. Then she said she had no idea why things weren't being taken care of and for me to "stay on it."

Excuse me, but I already have a job, thank you. Will you please do yours?

That's what I'm thinking. I wish I'd said it.

I don't think I'm going to last a month like this. I told My Firefighter, who has been away on a wildland fire for 11 days now, that I'd give it a month, but there is no way I'm going to drive my daughter back and forth and back and forth, lugging my daycare babies and kids with me. I have to WORK, too, and the parents are NOT paying to drive their kids around the neighborhood!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it might be better to pull her out now. The longer this nonsense continues, the harder it's likely to be to get Blossom back into the swing of doing real work. I expect she enjoys playing all day, and if she gets accustomed to this, I wouldn't be surprised if she's resentful towards you when you start keeping her home and not letting her just play all day. If you're not ready to throw in the towel, maybe try threatening legal action, in writing. At least it might get the attention of somebody who has authority to pull the plug on the movies and to insist that an academic plan be promulgated and followed immediately.