Tuesday, May 2, 2017

What We Did In March

I was pretty sick for a week with an intestinal bacteria, Helicobacter pylori, previously Campylobacter pylori. Jie Jie made me this beautiful picture. I love how creative and original she is and how she created dimension with the chain link flowers.

Apple has learned all of her letter sounds and is now working on identifying beginning sounds of words and writing. I use a tablet, basic beginner lined paper in a document cover and dry erase markers, pre-k workbooks and the book How to Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons. Since this isn't formal school, I'm letting her set the pace and in the last month, she's exploding with development. It's exciting to see.

Jie Jie made this funny little sculpture out of play dough.

Miss Hollywood!

This is our fourth spring in this house and I finally got out into the part of our yard that I call the Wilderness Area at just the right time to weedwack the foxtails while they were still soft enough to be cut, then I sprayed weed control over it. It's time to do it again in spots, but this is the first time I feel I've controlled the yard enough to bring in a small bobcat tractor to level it and prepare it for landscaping.
The fence on the left surrounds the landscaped part of my back yard. The Wilderness Area goes all the way to that fence in the back and to the electric pole on the right.

No comments: